Symptoms of Neuromuscular Problems
SERVING GEORGETOWN, ROUND ROCK, AND AUSTIN, TEXAS
TMJ/TMD is sometimes a difficult neuromuscular disease to diagnose because its symptoms are broad and could be caused by a number of relatively common health problems. For this same reason, it is believed that far more people are suffering from TMJ than are aware of it.
Below are a few of the most common TMD symptoms:
- Jaw pain
- Unexplained Migraines and headaches
- Pain in your face, back, neck, or shoulders
- Difficulty when swallowing or chewing
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Tooth pain or sensitivity
- Fillings that are worn, chipped, or cracked
- Loose teeth
- Ear pressure or congestion
- Ringing in your ears
- Difficulty opening your mouth
- Numbness in your fingers, hands, or arms
To learn more about TMJ, please visit our TMJ FAQs page.
If you have any of these symptoms on a recurring basis, contact us for an appointment as soon as possible. Using advanced diagnostic equipment along with our extensive experience in neuromuscular dentistry, we will determine if your problems are related to TMD and provide treatment as needed.
If you are located in the Austin, Round Rock and Georgetown, Texas area and you would like to have neuromuscular dentistry, contact us today to schedule a complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation.