SERVING GEORGETOWN, TEXAS
If your teeth don’t take center stage in your smile and show off your personality the way you would like, there may be a solution! Today it is relatively simple to enhance and correct so many things that aren’t quite right in your smile, so don’t let it hold you back! With porcelain veneers, you can create the smile of your dreams!
Porcelain veneers can be placed over the front of teeth that have been marred by cosmetic imperfections. The cosmetic dentists at Aesthetic Dentistry of Georgetown often use porcelain veneers to address problems such as:
- Small gaps in between teeth
- Crooked tooth presentation
- Uneven tooth sizes
- Irregular tooth shapes
- Chipped or cracked enamel
- Severe tooth discoloration
The best way to learn if porcelain veneers are the right solution for your cosmetic imperfections is through a one-on-one consultation at our Georgetown office. Please call us at 512-598-1295 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today. You can learn more about how we can transform your teeth into your new smile – download our FREE e-book here.
The Porcelain Veneers Process
Creating your new smile with porcelain veneers will require three to four office visits. These include:
- Your free porcelain veneers consultation
- Creating a treatment plan and 3D modeling of your beautiful new smile
- Tooth preparation and placement of temporary veneers to give you a ‘trial smile’ to preview the results
- Final porcelain veneer placement
We work with highly skilled artisans to craft your new veneers, and with your input we create a road map to your new smile. Based on your initial desires, a 3D blueprint is made and used to create your “trial smile” or prototype. This allows you to preview how the porcelain veneers will look and function and provide feedback as your porcelain smile is being crafted. Usually the entire process takes fewer than four weeks and your results can last for decades! During your free consultation we can discuss this process in greater detail and answer any questions about porcelain veneers that you may have.
In most cases, placing veneers requires a small amount of natural tooth enamel be removed. This allows your veneers to fit seamlessly into your smile where they will look and feel like natural tooth enamel. While this process is minimally invasive, some patients are made anxious by the idea of tooth preparation. If this is the case for you, Dr. Mandy and Dr. Mark will be happy to cover your sedation dentistry options during your initial consultation.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are customized to fit into your unique smile where they mimic the appearance of tooth enamel for brilliant and natural-looking results. In addition, porcelain veneers are:
- Incredibly durable
- Stain resistant
Veneers reflect light in the same manner as natural enamel, enabling them to blend perfectly into your smile. When cared for properly, they can even produce stunningly beautiful results for ten or more years, making them one of the longest-lasting cosmetic solutions. When veneers do need to be replaced, they can be addressed one at a time, allowing our cosmetic dentists to keep your smile flawlessly beautiful without needing to complete an entirely new service.
Caring for Porcelain Veneers
With very few exceptions, you will care for your porcelain veneers in the same way you care for your natural teeth. This includes:
- Brushing after every meal
- Flossing twice a day
- Visiting our office every six months for professional cleanings and examinations
- Balance point to keep your mouth in great shape
You will want to refrain from chewing ice and hard candy or biting non-food items. These things can cause your veneers to come loose or fall out.
Things that you may need to do differently include:
- Change your toothbrush – we are advocates of the Sonicare toothbrush as it is the only toothbrush on the market that, when used correctly, will brush past where the bristles reach, keeping your new smile and gums as healthy as possible.
- Using a nonabrasive toothpaste – abrasives such as baking soda can scratch veneers
- Using an alcohol-free mouthwash – alcohol and other astringent ingredients can irritate the gum tissue and alter the aesthetic frame around your veneers.
We will fully cover all care instructions when your veneers are placed and revisit as often as needed during your routine visits to our office. We pride ourselves on patient satisfaction and want to make sure you are provided all of the information you will need to keep your veneers white, strong, and attractive for years to come.
If you live in Georgetown or any other nearby Texas community and you need an experienced dentist, please contact Aesthetic Dentistry of Georgetown today for a complimentary consultation.